The choices for ocean cruising are as vast as the oceans themselves. With such a large number of cruise lines, ships and itineraries to pick from, there’s an experience that’s just right for you. On the flip side, you have to wade through many websites and sometimes-questionable information to find your ideal cruise. Or you can simply turn to Luxury Travel Agent.
According to the Cruise Lines International Association, almost 70-percent of travelers book their cruises with a travel agent. And with (very) good reason: We get to know you—your travel style, your vacation wish list, etc.—and then we match you with your ideal cruise line, ship and itinerary. To get you started, here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a cruise.
Know the ABCs of Cruising
Cruising is a popular vacation option because it is one of the most personal ways to travel, with many options you can customize to reflect your preferences, like:
- Ship Type: Take your pick between mega ships, small ships, expedition ships, yachts, barges and river cruisers—each type includes its unique set of pros and cons (for instance, a big ship might have more people, but it will probably also have all manner of conveniences, like a barber shop and a place to buy provisions, and fun extras, like a casino and a rock climbing wall);
- Voyage Length: You can be gone for a long weekend, or most of the year on an Around the World Cruise;
- Itinerary: Beyond simply getting you from here to there, today’s cruises are all about your best experiences, including itinerary elements like adventurous shore excursions and on-board food and wine classes; and
- Pre- and Post-Cruise Options: Bookend your cruise with hotel stays to best take advantage of your time away and to get a different perspective on the destination(s) you’re visiting.
Know the Benefits
Truly, there are too many cruising benefits to mention, but a few favorites include the chance to sample many ports without having to repeatedly pack and unpack, quality entertainment options, enriching and educational activity programs and diverse dining (whether you’re into endless buffets or 5-star gourmet cuisine, or both!).
Know a Few Important Tips
Finding and booking a cruise includes a lot of options and, by extension, a lot of opportunities to make a mistake. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to enjoy smooth sailing during the cruise-planning process:
- Do Your Homework: Consider the destinations you want to visit, the time of year you’re going to go and the budget you have available.
- Speak Up: To help us narrow down the cruising options to those that are best for you, tell us what you like to do on vacation and be clear about what you’re looking for so our recommendations best reflect you.
- Compare Apples to Apples: Don’t just look at the bottom line price when making a cruising decision. Know what is included in the price (meals, gratuities, entertainment, insurance, etc.), and what isn’t, and make sure you’re comparing apples to apples when looking at different cruise options.
- Trust the Experts: It’s perhaps most important that you trust the advice of your travel agent when making a decision. The experts at Luxury Travel Agent have often personally experienced the different cruising options, and knows firsthand the differences between the many cruise lines, stateroom choices, onboard amenities and more
Know How to Book with Benefits
With our unique cruising knowledge and extensive cruising experience, we help you navigate through your many options so you can quickly identify your ideal cruise line, ship and itinerary. But that’s not where our job ends! Book with Luxury Travel Agent, and enjoy:
- Exclusive access to special amenities and perks on hundreds of sailings. From shipboard credits, complimentary shore excursions and more
- Discounted or FREE business class airfares
- American Express Platinum Cruise Perks when paying with your American Express Platinum credit card.
Transfer Your Cruise Reservation
If you have already booked a cruise, you can still receive the Luxury Travel Agent advantages by transferring your existing cruise reservation to Luxury Travel Agent. (This is a fairly simple process; contact us to learn how.) When you transfer the booking to us, you keep the same cabin, same booking number and the same rate as you have with the cruise line—the only change is that you get the added benefit of our amenities and perks.
Note: Luxury Travel Agent can only book cruises for residents within the USA